chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
onion, peeled and thickly sliced top to bottom
( bottled is fine)
bell pepper, cut into strips
( any color)
crushed red pepper flakes
6 (3/4 ounce)
corn tortillas, warmed
- Heat a small skillet to medium high. Remove from flame and spray with non-stick. Return to stove and add chicken.
- Cook without moving chicken until browned, turn and brown other side.
- Add broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut up the veggies.
- Remove chicken to plate, tent with foil and set aside. KEEP broth.
- Heat your largest skillet to high heat. Remove from flame and spray with non-stick. Return to stove and add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until almost tender and edges are slightly charred.
- Add seasonings, stir to coat veggies. Cook 1 minute to toast seasonings.
- Slice chicken crosswise and add to skillet with lime juice and any juices from the plate. Toss to coat chicken with seasonings and combine with veggies.
- Add broth, bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until almost dry.
- Serve in warmed corn tortillas.