2 1/2 lbs
sweet potatoes, about 3 large potatoes
fresh ground black pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean. Pat dry and prick each one several times with a fork. Place on an ungreased sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, slice the top of the garlic head off so that the cloves are exposed. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- After the potatoes have baked 30 minutes, add the foil wrapped garlic to the pan with the potatoes. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Split the potatoes lengthwise, and then flip them so the cut side is up. Unwrap the garlic, and let both the garlic and potatoes cool for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop out the sweet potato flesh into the food processor bowl with the chopping blade. (The skins of my potatoes just peeled off in one piece, so I didn't have to dirty up a spoon to scoop the flesh.) Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves over the potatoes. Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse for 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl and stir the potato mixture around. Repeat the pulse and stir step 2 more times, or until everything is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!