1 (13 1/2 ounce) cans
yellow curry paste
dark brown sugar
sweet potato, peeled and diced
boneless chicken breast, cubed
scallion, white part, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
( reserve greens)
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, bring 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a boil.
- Add yellow curry paste and simmer until paste is dissolved and fragrant.
- Add remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and sweet potatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and scallions. Stir together with other ingredients, coating well with the curry mixture.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.