1 1/2 cups
onions, finely diced
fresh garlic, minced
dried whole thyme
lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then oil an 8"x4" loaf pan & set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onions, carrots, garlic, savory, thyme & salt.
- Saute for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften, then add the bulghur & cook another 3 minutes, before removing from the heat & setting aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef & egg, then add the sauteed vegetable mixture, mixing by hand until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan & bake in the oven 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned & the loaf is firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the oven & run a dull knife along the sides of the pan, then invert it onto a serving plate to release the loaf. Let sit about 5 minutes before slicing & serving.