( from large eggs)
brown sugar, packed
pure vanilla extract
whole wheat bread, sliced thick
pure maple syrup
- Place milk, water & egg whites in a blender & mix well.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt, blending until smooth, then pour into a shallow bowl & set aside.
- Put butter in a large frying pan & heat over medium heat, being careful not to burn the butter.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture for about 30 seconds, then remove & place in the heated pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom is brown, then using a spatula, turn the each slice of bread over & cook the other side another 3 minutes.
- Serve quickly, drizzled with syrup.