1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk, unopened
( not evaporated!)
- Wash and remove the labels from your cans of sweetened condensed milk. Make sure the cans are undented and unopened.
- Stand your cans up in the slow cooker and pour water in to cover cans fully.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours (I've gone up to 12 hours once when I forgot about the cans, results were still good). You could probably do this on high for 4-5 hours but I haven't tried it.
- Allow to cool fully before opening the can. Store in refrigerator.
- If you open the can and find that it's not golden enough (highly unlikely), scoop out contents into a saucepan and simmer on low until desired color.