sun-dried tomatoes, halves
warm water, plus 1/2 cup water
( or 3 small)
garlic cloves, crushed
salt and black pepper, to taste
freshly grated parmesan cheese
( optional topping)
- Place the sundried tomatoes in the 3/4 cup of warm water to soak for around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into thin strips and return them to the soaking water.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring (if not using a non-stick skillet, you may need to add more oil to prevent sticking).
- Stir in the zucchini and garlic. At this point, I add 1/2 cup water to "steam" the veggies and reduce the amount of oil used- you may prefer to add another tablespoon of oil rather than water.
- Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sundried tomato strips and their soaking liquid (this provides a lot of the flavour so don't leave it out- if using sundried tomatoes canned in oil, add a little of the liquid from the jar instead).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the liquid absorbed, still stirring.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!