1 (500 g) packages
cheese tortellini, fresh
extra virgin olive oil
red pepper, finely chopped
( tomato basil flavor or your favourite)
ricotta cheese, fresh
pizza cheese, shredded
fresh parsley (optional) or
fresh basil, chopped
- In large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini until tender but still firm (about 8 min).
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain tortellini and return to pot.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook zucchini, carrot, red pepper, oregano and basil, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Pour in pasta sauce and reserved cooking water and bring to a boil.
- Pour over tortellini and stir well to combine.
- Scrape tortellini mixture into a 10 cup greased casserole dish.
- Dollop the ricotta over tortellini by the tablespoon (if using).
- Sprinkle with pizza cheese.
- Cover and bake in 375F oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortellini are hot.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil if using.