rice noodles, flat
lime juice, fresh is best
light brown sugar, packed
garlic cloves, finaly chopped
sriracha sauce, up to 2 if you prefer hot
shrimp, medium to large, peeled and deveined
( medium size)
shiitake mushrooms, trimmed
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook as label directs; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic and Sriracha souce and 1/3 cup of water in medium bowl.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of marinade to another bowl and toss with shrimp.
- Toss another 1/4 cup marinade with the asparagus and mushrooms in a third bowl.
- Let shrimp and vegetables marinate 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Toss noodles with the remaining marinade.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Grill shrimp, asparagus and mushrooms until shrimp is just cooked through and the asparagus is slightly tender, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Half the mushrooms and cut asparagus into pieces.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms carrot and cilantro.