1 3/4 cups
1 1/4 teaspoons
1 3/4 teaspoons
bread machine yeast
- Add the ingredients in order to bread machine pan.
- Set on dough setting.
- After first rise, remove dough (do not let it rise a second time in the machine!).
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts (or more, depending on the size bun you need).
- To shape hot dog buns: roll dough between hands until roughly the diameter and length of a hot dog.
- To shape hamburger buns: flatten dough ball into roughly the shape of a hamburger.
- Place shaped dough on a large baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. This makes for very easy removal and clean up!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Allow dough to rise for 15 minutes while oven preheats.
- Bake buns for 15-20 minutes, or until tops turn light golden brown.
- Allow buns to cool slightly before slicing.
- Buns may be frozen.
- To defrost, toast in a bagel-friendly toaster or microwave for approximately 20 seconds.