( or chicken broth)
carrot, coarsely chopped
celery ribs, coarsely chopped
onion, coarsely chopped
leek, white and tender green parts only, coarsely chopped
sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
( about 6 ounces)
fresh ginger, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons
( more or less to heat preference)
( well shaken)
fresh lemon juice
flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a large pot, combine the stock with the carrots, celery, onion, leek, potato, ginger, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a food processor(or blender), then return to the pot.
- Stir in buttermilk and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat gently. Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with the parsley and serve. Enjoy!