very lean hamburger
crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces
- Brown hamburger in skillet with onion.
- Remove and mix in bowl with bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until you have a fine mix.
- Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well.
- Pour mixture over beef"crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and"set".
- Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- This can be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly microwaved over the next 3-5 days.
- (Does not freeze well, though.)