bell peppers, finely chopped
garlic clove, finely chopped
onion, finely chopped
moong bean sprouts, boiled
oil, for frying
- Soak moong dal and rice seperately for 2-3 hours.
- Process drained moong dal and rice with 4 tablespoons water in a food processor, slowly adding up to 1/2 cup more water, until you get a smooth paste.
- Put the paste into a bowl, stir in chopped bell pepper, garlic, onion, sliced spring onion, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- In a dry pan, roast the sesame seeds until fragrant, then grind coarsely with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mortar.
- Add ground sesame seeds to the paste, mix well.
- Add boiled and thoroughly drained sprouts, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a non stick skillet, heat oil, spread 3/4 cup batter evenly into hot skillet, cover and fry for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- remove pancake from pan onto warmed plate and continue frying the other pancakes.
- Serve with dip, chutney or veggies.