( your preference, sweet or hot)
1 1/2 cups
raw converted rice
( such as peas, corn, chopped carrots, or a combination)
chicken bouillon powder
2 1/4 cups
( amount to your taste, either as a garnish only, or a few tbsp chopped, mixed in)
salsa, on the side
- Heat oil in a non-stick sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add onion and pepper.
- Saute until tender.
- Add rice.
- Saute rice until opaque.
- Add vegetables, bouillon, garlic and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Keep tightly covered and simmer 15- 20 minutes- do not peek.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top or mixed in dish.
- Pass the salsa.
- Note, I have used chopped fresh or frozen spinach instead of the frozen vegetables and it was very good.