( 1 teaspoon or 1 tea bag per person, plus one for the pot)
- Steps to Make Proper Cup of Tea:.
- Bring enough water to fill your teapot twice to a full, rolling boil in a kettle.
- Bring the teapot to the kettle and fill it with the boiling water. Put the kettle back on the stove and bring it back to a full boil.
- Let the teapot sit with the hot water in it for a moment or two to warm it up, then pour out the water.
- Add one teaspoon of tea per cup of tea to the teapot, plus one for the pot.
- Add the boiling water to the teapot, put the lid on and cover the teapot with a tea cozy.
- Let the tea steep for three to five minutes.
- Pour the tea into each cup using a tea strainer.
- Offer guests sugar cubes (or honey) and a slice of lemon or a small serving of milk.
- Tips for Making the "Perfect" Tea.
- * A teapot doesn't have to be expensive, but it should be made of china or earthenware.
- * When you pour the water over the tea in the teapot, make sure it is at a full boil.
- * If you are using very fragile bone china, add a bit of milk to the bottom of each tea cup before pouring to reduce the shock of the heat on the fine china. In that case, don't offer lemon slices!
- * Do not use cream in tea, always use milk.
- * Choose fermented teas, not Asian style green teas. Some popular teas are:.
- o English Breakfast Tea (may be too strong for an afternoon tea).
- o Earl Grey Tea, which is flavored with the rind of bergamots.
- o Darjeeling Tea (full-bodied).
- o Ceylon Tea (very popular).
- o Lapsang Souchong Tea (distinctive, smoky flavor).
- o Chamomile Tea (not caffeinated).