zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
red onion, cut into thick wedges
red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
light balsamic vinaigrette
1 (396.89 g) package
( tubular, use multi-grain or whole-wheat)
fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese, shredded
- Place zucchini, onion, red bell pepper and vinaigrette in a large resealable bag. Seal bag and refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Boil 4 quarts of water and cook Penne pasta to al dente, about 8-10 minutes (according to package directions).
- Preheat grill to medium (300-350F/150-180C). Remove veggies from marinade and reserve marinade. Place veggies on a veggie grill rack and grill covered for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Drain pasta, transfer to a deep serving platter/dish. Spoon veggies over pasta and drizzle with reserved marinade. (I heated the marinade for a bit in the microwave to warm before drizzling over the pasta & veggies).
- Season dish with salt & pepper to taste (I used McCormick's Garlic Pepper Grinder instead) and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.