fresh thyme leave
button mushrooms, stems trimmed
green beans, ends trimmed
cherry tomatoes, halved
baby spinach leaves
( or rocket)
parmesan cheese, shaved
- Combine oil, lemon juice, caster sugar, thyme leaves and salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside 2 tblsp dressing to add later.
- Add mushrooms to the large bowl and stir gently to combine, then cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Drain and refresh in cold water, allow to drain & come to room temp, and cut into thirds.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high.
- Cook the mushrooms, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from bbq plate and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine beans, tomatoes, spinach (or rocket) and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Add the reserved dressing, mushrooms, salt and pepper and toss to combine.