2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
liquid hot pepper sauce
( chicken cut into strips)
low-fat ranch dressing or
bleu cheese salad dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, hot pepper, and vinegar and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix cornmeal, cayenne, and salt together.
- Dip chicken strips in melted butter mixture and coat with liquid ingredients.
- Roll chicken in cornmeal mixture after dipping in butter and coat evenly.
- Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes at 400 degrees, flip over and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done juices will run clear.
- Serve and dip in dresssing if desired.