8 -10 pieces
premium quality fresh chicken
salt & ground black pepper
beaten large eggs
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
( use Lawry's brand only)
ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups
- SPRINKLE chicken pieces with salt and pepper; RUB seasonings into chicken; COAT chicken with pure vegetable shortening (this will help seal in the juices).
- MEASURE the BREADING ingredients -- except flour and cornstarch -into a large sealable container or a large zip-lock bag; SEAL the container; SHAKE to blend; OPEN container and add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch; SEAL and shake again, until thoroughly combined.
- BEAT 4 large eggs in a medium bowl for the EGGWASH.
- DIP 1-2 pieces wet chicken at a time into the EGGWASH to coat.
- PLACE wet chicken into the BREADING mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE chicken gently in all motions to thoroughly coat chicken.
- TRANSFER chicken pieces onto a cooling rack when chicken is evenly and generously breaded; ALLOW chicken to rest and absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- PREHEAT deep-fryer manufacturer's recommended amount of canola oil; VERY SLOWLY heat oil in gradual increments to 315°F until preheated.
- ADD breaded chicken to the elevated fry basket in deep-fryer without crowding.
- LOWER the deep-frying basket with chicken very slowly into the hot oil; FRY chicken until golden and crisp, until fully cooked fully cooked and juices run clear (about 15-18 minutes, depending on chicken portion/size).
- DRAIN on a wire rack over a baking sheet. NOTE: To keep chicken warm before serving, place chicken on a rack-fitted baking sheet covered with a sheet of foil in preheated 170°F oven; SERVE and enjoy!