dried angel hair pasta
extra virgin olive oil
1 large leeks or 2 bunches
scallions, cut into 1/4 inch pieces including some of the green
garlic cloves, minced
portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- Pour the oil into a saute pan and heat over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- Saute the leek for about 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are wilted and the liquid they have given off has evaporated.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir well, and season with salt to taste.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the pasta, stirring to make sure the pasta is well separated.
- Boil 2 to 3 minutes, until done.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.