boneless skinless chicken breasts
green onion, finely chopped
asparagus spears, trimmed
fresh ground pepper, to taste
butter flavored crackers, crushed
( I use Keebler Club crackers)
almonds, slivered and toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread with mustard and sprinkle with onion.
- Place asparagus spears down the center of the chicken. Fold chicken over and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 8-in. square oven-safe dish. Pepper chicken to taste. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Keep chicken warm.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water, and salt.
- Cook sauce uncovered until mixture is thickened, stirring to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almond slivers and serve.