2 (283.49 g) package
long grain and wild rice blend
( Mahatmas brand)
( yellow works best)
garlic cloves, minced
( more or less to your liking)
asparagus, chopped in 1 . 5 in pieces
( about 1 cluster total)
chopped portabella mushrooms
1 (226.79 g) can
red wine vinegar
( a few dashes to your liking)
118.29-236.59 ml pine nuts or 118.29-236.59 ml
- 1. Cook rice according to directions. About 2 minutes BEFORE rice is finished, add craisins and simmer until rice is cooked.
- 2. In a frying pan, add 1 can of broth, garlic, and onion. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes and then add the asparagus until cooked to your liking. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 more minutes, more or less.
- 3. Drain any remaining broth and mix the onion mix with the rice and craisins.
- 4. Add vinegar & olive oil, mix well. Then add garlic salt and mix.
- 4. If using nuts, place then under a the broiler for a minute or two (watch them carefully so not to burn!) and then add them to the salad.
- 5. This dish can be served hot and is also quite tasty cold for a quick leftover dish!