4 -5 large
sweet potatoes, steamed and peeled
ginger biscuits, crushed
1 1/2 cups
soft brown sugar
- Thickly slice the sweet potato, and place a layer into a round 9" microwave-safe dish.
- Slice the bananas and place the banana slices over the gaps left by the potato.
- Sprinkle the banana and sweet potato with a layer of gingernut crumbs. (Be sure to save some for the other layers.)
- Sprinkle generously with some of the brown sugar.
- Continue to build layers, finishing with gingernuts and sugar.
- Pour enough evaporated milk over the dish to fill all the gaps. Last layer of potato should still be visible above the milk.
- Place into the microwave and cook on high for 5-7 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- VARIATION: Add some mini marshmallows for variation. The dish is sweet enough without them, so reduce sugar if you choose to do so.