1 1/2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
packed Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
( 4 ounces)
lightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until al dente (as per the instructions on the box), then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked fusilli to the skillet and toss over moderately low heat until coated with the leek sauce, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the fusilli into bowls and serve.