salt and pepper
( or vegetable broth to make it vegetarian.)
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Quarter tomatoes and large dice the onions and red pepper. Peel the garlic cloves and halve them.
- Place vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with vinegar and olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 450 degree oven for one hour. Let cool on the pan for 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables and remaining ingredients in a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender in the pot or puree carefully in a blender.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta.