deep dish pie shells
2 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 ounce) containers
- Remove paper from cans and submerge in saucepan with enough water to cover cans by at least 2 inches. Boil for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from water with tongs and let cool. (can be boiled ahead of time and stored in fridge.).
- pierce pie shells with fork along bottom and sides.
- bake pie shells for 10 mins or until light brown.
- slice bananas to desired thickness.
- place bananas in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. (this will keep them from turning brown).
- using a slotted spoon place an even amount of bananas into each pie shell, carefully allowing some of the excess lemon juice to drain off.
- add 1 can of caramelized milk to each banana pie and smooth over bananas. (tip- if caramel is too thick, empty it into glass dish and microwave for 1 minute until soft before adding to pies.).
- top with whip cream and enjoy!