1 1/2 lbs
sausage, without casings
garlic cloves, minced
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin slices
pork loin, cut in thin slices
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together first seven ingredients. Set aside.
- Using either a pâté pan or loaf pan, put a layer of the mix you made, then a layer of chicken, then mix again, then a layer of pork. Continue with this pattern until the pan is full, making sure to end with the mix.
- Place 3 bay leaves over the top and cover with aluminum.
- Place a casserole pan of water on the bottom rack of your oven.
- Place pâté pans on the top rack and cook for six hours.
- Check to make sure you keep water in the water bath, adding some as needed.
- After the six hours, pull from oven and carefully drain oil and fat.
- Place newspaper and cooling racks on the counter. Turn pâtés onto racks, allowing to drip.
- Let pâtés cool completely then wrap in aluminum foil and freeze in freezer bags.
- Important, this is best if you allow it to remain in the freezer for at least one month before eating.
- To serve, allow to defrost completely, then slice in 1/4 inch slices and serve with good crusty french bread or high quality crackers.