onion, finely chopped
potatoes, peeled and diced
celery, washed and chopped
2 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
1% low-fat milk
fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, potato, celery and caraway seeds.
- Fry gently for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Add the stock and milk and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes. Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and whizz until smooth, then return to the rinsed saucepan.
- Gently reheat the soup, then stir in the cream. Do not allow to boil.
- Crumble the blue cheese into individual soup bowls and pour over the soup.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.