FOR THE CREPES
unsalted butter, melted
unsalted butter for cooking crepe
( or more)
FOR THE CREPE FILLING
golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced
vanilla ice cream
- FOR THE CREPES:.
- Place milk, egg, flour, melted butter, icing sugar in a blender and whirl for 1 minute. Refrigerate while making apple filling.
- FOR THE CREPE FILLING:.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan or crepe pan over medium-high heat. Add the apples and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes (If your pan is not large enough, do in batches). Transfer apples to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the cinnanonm nutmeg, honey, apple cider, and butter to pan. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken and is syrupy - this only takes a few mintues. Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the apples. Stir the sauce into the apples and keep warm while making the crepes.
- TO MAKE THE CREPES:.
- Heat a 10-inch non stick sauté pan or crepe pan over medium-high heat. Drop about a tablespoons butter into the pan and swirl generously around the sides and bottom. Pour approximately 1/3 cup of crepe batter into the pan and swirl around the batter until the pan is evenly coated with a thin layer of batter. Thin the batter with a little of the milk if it is too thick. Cook the crepe until it is dry in the center and golden brown at the edges. Flip over in the pan and cook until just lightly btrowned in the pan on the other side. Remove from pan and stack the crepes on a plate until all the batter is used up.
- To serve, spoon the apple filling onto half a crepe. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and fold crepe over. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar.