cornflour, sifted 3 times
- In a mixing bowl, crack all 4 eggs. With an electric beater, beat for about 10minutes, or until the eggs are thick and creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold the corn flour into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a cake tin and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for about 35minutes. (or until cooked through, I tell by poking a metal kebab stick into the center and if when I pull it out there's no residue stuck to the stick - it's cooked!).
- Let cool. Decorate with icing sugar, maybe a few strawberries. Perhaps cut it in half and sandwich the cake with cream. All fantastic ideas :).