1 1/3 cups
1% low-fat milk
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional) or 1/8 teaspoon
fresh ground white pepper
day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
( 1 oz slices)
chopped yellow onions
turkey Italian sausage
shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
( 3 oz)
- Combine first 5 ingredsients (ending with egg white) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add bread, toss gently to coat.
- Let bread mixture stand 20 minutes (while you prepare the rest of recipes).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add juice; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Crumble sausage into pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture and cheese to bread mixture; stir well to combine.
- Spoon into an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.