1 1/2 cups
1 -3 tablespoon
( for frying)
- Mix together the egg and rice.
- Add flour a tablespoon at a time and stir to combine. You want it to be sort of stiff so it will hold together. You may need more or less flour than called for.
- Pour a little oil into a frying pan; about half way up the side of the pan. Heat on medium.
- I used a small ice cream type scoop, a little over a tablespoon in size, too drop a little of the rice mixture into the hot oil. Press down a little with the back of the spoon to flatten. My rice had water chestnuts and baby corn in it, so I didn't flatten too much.
- Fry until browned on one side then flip and fry the other side until brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate until ready to serve. You can keep them warm in the oven until they are all done.
- Serve warm with your favorite sauce.