pears, coarsely chopped or coarsely ground
pitted plum, coarsely chopped or coarsely ground
1 (1 3/4 ounce) packages
powdered fruit pectin
5 1/2 cups
- In a kettle, combine pears and plums.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze.