grated orange peel
pistachios, finely ground
177.44 ml sweetened dried cherries or 177.44 ml
white vanilla baking chips, melted
- heat oven to 325. line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- in large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- add orange peel and eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- on low speed, beat in flour, ground nuts, baking powder, and salt.
- stir in berries and nuts.
- divide dough in half. on 1 side of cookie sheet, shape half of dough into 10 inch log. repeat with remaining dough on same cookie sheet.
- bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- cool 25 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cutting board.
- cut logs crosswise into 1/2 inch slices; discard ends. place slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet.
- bake about 18 minutes longer, turning once, until biscotti are crisp and light brown.
- immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- drizzle with melted baking chips; let stand until set before storing.