1 1/2 cups
whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons
( or Cinnamon or All Spice)
( fresh or can)
( or any non-dairy milk or reg. milk)
( melted, vegan butter like Earth Balance or reg. butter)
( fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two round baking pans.
- Combine pumpkin, spices, sugar, melted butter, soy milk and orange juice.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- Cut cranberries in half and then add to mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the two prepared baking pans and bake for approximately 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make vegan buttercream frosting, mix 1 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance butter with 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/8 to 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Frost when cake is cool.