fresh pea pods
dried elbow macaroni
frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup
thinly sliced celery
- Remove tips and strings from pea pods.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions in lightly salted boiling water, adding pea pods and peas during last 1 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse.
- Halve pea pods diagonally; set pasta and pea pods aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, mustard, minced garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large bowl combine cooked macaroni, pea pods, peas, celery and onion.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture.
- Stir gently to combine.
- If necessary, add additional milk (1 to 2 Tbsp) to moisten.
- Top with additional pea pods, if desired.