garlic cloves, crushed
salt & pepper
1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup
mozzarella cheese, grated
( for saute)
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Bake it face down on a buttered tray for 30 to 40 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork.
- Cool until ready to be handled.
- Scoop out the insides gently with a fork which will form into spaghetti strands.
- While the squash bakes, saute the onions and garlic with salt, pepper, mushrooms and herbs.
- When onions are soft, add freshly chopped tomatoes; cook until most of liquid is evaporated.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Pour into buttered 2 quart casserole. Top with lots of grated Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered about 40 minutes in a 375 degrees oven.