prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch slices
bell peppers, roasted and cut into strips
( your choice of yellow, red or green)
seafood seasoning, mix
( Recipe #368939, store bought, or your own recipe)
oil, for frying
( about a cup)
Creole Mustard Sauce
1/3 cup beef broth or 1/3 cup
( fresh is best)
teapoon Worcestershire sauce
skewers (if using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak 1/2 hour in water or stock before threading) or
( if using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak 1/2 hour in water or stock before threading)
- Cut prosciutto into 16 cubes.
- Place the end of a pepper strip on a metal skewer, ad a cube of prosciutto, an oyster, and wrap by skewering the other end of the pepper strip.
- Repeat until skewer is filled.
- Combine seafood seasoning, corn flour and salt.
- Roll the skewered food in corn flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frypan to 350F and cook the skewers for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove and place on absorbent paper/paper towels to drain.
- To make the sauce: Bring the first five sauce ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Whisk the butter in a tablespoon at a time, until smooth.
- To serve: Remove food from skewers and divide among serving plates.
- Drizzle with sauce.