bittersweet chocolate, chilled
about 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
1 1/2 cups
all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh lemon juice
1 cup lingonberry jam or 1 cup
confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Break chocolate into small pieces. In the bowl of a food procesor, combine chocolate, sugar and almonds and pulse until finely ground, about 45 seconds.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and salt, pulsing 3 or 4 times to combine. Add butter, pulsing until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and lemon juice. Add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until mixture comes together.
- Place an 8-inch springform pan or bottomless tart ring on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press about two-thirds of the dough into the ring, forming a 1/2 inch thick crust. Crust should be thicker on the edges, coming to a height of 1 inch on the ring.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread jam evenly over bottom of crust.
- Divide remaining dough into quarters. Flour work surface and hands well, and roll dough into long thin ropes about 1/3 inch in diameter. Arrange decoratively along top of tart, pressing gently to slightly flatten ropes.
- Bake tart until golden brown around the edges, about 50 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Chill and dust lightly with confectioner's sugar before serving.