semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
chopped cup nuts
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water, and salt.
- Cook to hard-crack stage (300°F) stirring constantly and watching carefully.
- Immediately pour into foil lined and greased 13"x9" pan.
- Melt chips in a bowl in the microwave in increments of 30-15 seconds, stirring well in between until chips pretty much melted.
- Spatula the chocolate onto the toffee and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the nuts.
- To be able to break in nice squares if you'd like, after the toffee has set a little while (15-20 min or so) use a pizza cutter to score the candy.
- Cool until hard.