1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
finely grated peel of 1 lemon
2 3/4 cups
additional sugar for rolling cookie
( regular or coarse)
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, lemon juice and grated lemon peel. Mix well.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a small bowl and add gradually to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- Form rounded tsp of dough into balls and roll in sugar (if you use coarse sugar, it will look more "sparkly!").
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes, just until lightly browned on the bottom. (this makes a soft, chewy cookie; if you want crispier, bake until they're lightly browned on top.).
- Allow to cool on pan slightly before removing to cooling rack.