1 kg chicken breast fillets or 1 kg
chicken thigh fillet
1/4 cup mirin or 1/4 cup
sweet white wine
light soy sauce
( gluten-free if needed for dietary reasons)
fresh ginger, grated finely
( 2 cm peeled piece of ginger)
garlic cloves, crushed
ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into 2 cm pieces.
- Using a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 12 bamboo skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers on a BBQ or grill plate . Turn them during cooking and brush with the reserved marinade (Only brush with marinade during the first half of the cooking time).
- Cook until browned all over and cooked through.