1 (1/4 ounce) package
active dry yeast
( ~110 degrees F)
2 1/4 cups
( for pan)
- 1. Dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes, until creamy.
- 2. Add in the rest of ingredients except corn meal. Stir vigorously to form a stiff, wet dough. You may need to add another 1/4 cup flour to make the right consistency.
- 3. Cover and set aside; let rise at least 30 minutes (I usually let it rise 2 hours).
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle liberally with corn meal.
- 5. Grease hands with oil. Press dough onto pan to desired thickness.
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven; add toppings as desired. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until crust is browned and crispy on the bottom.