For the dressing
extra virgin olive oil
white wine vinegar
( unless the strawberries are very sweet)
- Cut the strawberries into halves or slices discarding the stalks and place in a large bowl.
- Peel the cucumber using a vegetable peeler and cut in half lengthways
- Using a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds from the centre of the cucumber, discard and then slice the cucumber into medium thick slices and add to the strawberries.
- Make the dressing by mixing everything together seasoning with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the strawberries and cucumber slices and set aside until ready to serve (can be stored for up to 4 hours in the fridge like this).
- When ready to serve, arrange the rocket in a serving bowl and pour over the cucumber and strawberries.
- English summer on a plate.