celery ribs, trimmed, washed and cut to 12mm diced lengths
carrots, washed and grated
( cubes will do)
levi roots love applesauce
salt & pepper
( to season)
( Swirl to decorate)
- Place butter, diced celery and grated carrot in 2 litre microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, stir and return to microwave for further 12 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave and liquidise in batches until smooth, adding to large saucepan. For really smooth soup, pass through a sieve to remove the fine celery strands which occasionally remain (only if you are an absolute fanatic and a glutton for work).
- Add milk, seasoning and Love Apple Sauce (adjusting to taste).
- Heat to fast simmer then plate up, decorate with a small swirl of cream and a pinch of dried parsley.