( yellow cornmeal)
2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups
grated parmesan cheese
cooking cooking spray
- In a large pan bring the water and stock to a rolling boil.
- Whisking constantly, add the polenta all at once in a steady stream.
- Reduce the heat and cook stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until really thick. Be careful as thick polenta tends to 'erupt' like a volcano if left unattended, keep stirring being careful not to burn the bottom.
- Stir in the cheese and butter then season with salt.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, if you think it needs something then add it! I like finely chopped pickled jalapeño peppers personally.
- If the polenta is really thick then it is ready to pour into a square dish lined with cling film.
- Once cold it will be set and firm. Set the oven to 200C/400°F Turn out the polenta, remove cling film and cut into thick chips.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed generouly with cooking spray. Coat the chips with plenty of spray and bake for 20-40 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning over once during cooking and spraying again if necessary.
- The time they take to cook will depend on the size you cut them.
- Delicious and different but not 'out there'.