packed brown sugar
diced peeled apples
finely chopped pecans
1 1/4 cups
3 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
- For Apple Filling:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add apples; cook over medium-low hear for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts and cool.
- For Muffins:.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix to distribute.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon batter into greased jumbo muffin cups to 1/4 full.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each but do not spread the mixture.
- Top with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 Tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle muffin batter with cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Note these muffins can be made in standard pans to. If using a regular size pan fill muffin cup 1/2 full with batter then top with a slightly rounded teaspoons of the apple nut filling and top with remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.