unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 (396.89 g) can
sweetened condensed milk
( regular sized can NOT evaporated)
- Pour around 3/4 of the can of condensed milk into a large bowl.
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium.
- Add 100g of the coconut to the bowl and mix well.
- You want the mixture to form a relatively dry but moist enough dough so that when you shape the mixture in your hands only a minimal amount of milk leaks out.
- Add more coconut or condensed milk accordingly until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Shape into balls or pyramids and grill or broil for a few minutes watching carefully as these can burn from 1 minute to the next. Do not take your eyes off them!
- When they are lightly patched with golden brown they are ready.
- Nothing beats the taste of freshly toasted coconut. Yum Yum!