2 (12 ounce)
chocolate candy bars
( see description for suggestions)
( about 1/8 tsp)
( this is approximate, see instructions)
canola oil or
vegetable oil, for frying
- Chill the candy by keeping it in the fridge but don't freeze it or else this recipe won't work.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Pour in milk until it's a rich, creamy consistency, this is give or take 1 cup.
- Fully coat the candy in the batter.
- DEEP FRYER METHOD.
- Using a strong wooden skewer (metal will burn your hands severely), pierce it through the bottom and lower it into an oil-filled deep fryer and remove when golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- PAN FRY METHOD.
- Heat 1-2" of oil in a frying pan. Drop the battered candy bar into the oil and fry on all sides, turning with a spatula or slotted spoon. Remove when golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- They are awesome when chopped into bits and served with ice cream!