1 1/2 cups roasted garlic hummus or 1 1/2 cups
red onions, chopped
cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 1/2 teaspoons
Arugula Guacamole Layer
Avocados, halved and pitted
1 cup arugula or 1 cup
spinach leaves, fresh and finely chopped
bacon, cooked and crumbled
( finely shredded)
- Hummus Layer. Use a 9-inch by 7-inch by 2 ½-inch (11 cup) rectangular baking dish. Spread the hummus (or bean dip if you prefer) evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Red onion layer. Put the onions into a colander or strainer and rinse well under cool water. Shake dry and put into a small bowl. Stir in 1 Tbsp of the lime juice, cilantro and ¼ tsp of the salt. Arrange in a single layer over the hummus in the dish.
- Sour cream layer. Mix the sour cream with ¼ tsp salt. Spread in a layer over the onions.
- Tomato layer. Pat the tomatoes dry and mix with 1 tsp salt. Arrange tomatoes over sour cream.
- Guacamole layer. Scoop the avocado pulp out into a medium-size bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in salsa, arugula, remaining 1 Tbsp lime juice and about 1 tsp salt. Gently spread the arugula guacamole over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and finely shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with thick tortilla chips, sliced jacima, or vegetable sticks.